Friday, September 17, 2010

Progress

Well, if you're reading this then that means you got my invitation to view my blog.  I'm testing this privacy feature to see how well it goes.  If it's too complicated for people to use, then I'll revert back to the way I had it before and just be careful about putting personal information out there...

My Mom and sister, Susan, and her two kids, Elena and Kyle, got here safely last Thursday evening.  We've been kept busy trying to show them "authentic" Japanese places and showing them all the sights around the island.  We've been to the beach, souveniour shopping, Japanese curry resturant, rollie slides, Okinawa zoo.  We have plans for a sushi resturant, the aquarium, several more beaches, American Village, ... there's probably more I'm sure!

Amid all the excitement, Maximus has been going to school and adjusting.  His first day he had to be pried off my legs by the teacher but by this Thursday - his 4th day - his teacher said he actually was social and participated!  He hates new situations and is very uncomfortable around people he's unfamiliar with.  So in all I think he's doing a great job getting used to it.  He brings home papers he colored and grins and waves when he sees me :)

Well, my labor is "progressing"  I suppose.  I am 3 cm and 80% effaced as of Tuesday - it's Friday here.  Last night I thought I might be going into labor...was having steady contractions for a few hours in bed but when I got up to start timing them, they went away.  I'm really hoping I have this baby this weekend!!  If not, I see my dr. on Tuesday.  She said we would set up a day to get induced - not that I want to, but I'd rather get induced then chance having my family leave before I have this baby!!

Well, Nic said he would make me brownies....he got the box out and then proceeded to play his PS3 AGAIN....so I guess I'll be making them myself!! Oh well, at least he's home early!  I'll try to keep everyone updated on my labor status - its easiest to post on FB so that's a good place to check first!

2 comments:

Diane said...

It was easy to see your blog because I already had a Google account. You continue to be in my prayers.

Karkey said...

:D

hey ingrid...

just a thought but....
I think you should consider the name: "borgey blog" ... lol

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!