Monday, November 9, 2009

At last a decision!

Well, we have been able to make at least one decision!! We are terminating our lease Dec. 18. That week we will have our things shipped over to Okinawa and whatever we're not bringing will get put into storage. Nic is allowed 600 lbs to ship to Oki after his school is finished, which means we can get things we have stored in STL and bring them with us :)

As of right now it doesn't look like the boys and I will be able to go with Nic to CA....things just aren't lining up right. But Nic will be able to fly out to see us at least once a month and we should be able to skype most nights - so that takes the sting off a bit.

The other night Maximus was supposed to be in his bed going to sleep when he comes whining down the stairs....he stops at the landing and says he needs to come downstairs and watch the game (football) with Daddy. I tell him 'I don't think so, get up to bed!' to which he responds with, "I can't!! I DON'T have any FEET!!" hehe. So I tell him he can just sleep on the stair then. So he lays down on the step and after about 7 seconds he gets up and says he's going to his bed ' k Mommy?'

Colton is still not talking yet, but he understands most everything you say to him. If you tell him to do something he'll go do it, or if he doesn't want to he'll get angry.... lol, it's actually kind of funny to watch him get mad! He is definitely not as laid back as Maximus that's for sure! If you take his toy away he'll holler and yell whereas Maximus would (and sometimes still does) just move on to another toy. He does babble - but its' rare. I'll ask him to make a sound or say a word and he'll just smile at me as if to say, "I know what you want me to do, but I'm not going to do it, mooohahaha!" He usually communicates with body language (not sign). And I've gotten pretty good at just looking at him and knowing what's going on.

The Marine Corps birthday is tomorrow - Happy 234th! We have our ball on Friday - which I am SO excited about!! My sister Solveig is flying in late Thursday and will be watching the boys for us. We got a room at the hotel where the ball will be. It's going to be fun! I can't wait to see Nic is his dress blues - I haven't yet! We'll be sure to take lots of pictures for ya'll :)

We're going to be spending Thanksgiving here - I will do my first turkey!! Hopefully I don't destroy it! It will be our first holiday as just our family - and I'm kind of looking forward to it :) I have this quaint picture in my head, and in it I resemble June Cleaver and serve a fabulous Thanksgiving meal....the only part my vision doesn't include is football....but I suppose with 3 males in my house, I might have to accept it :) I want to start some family traditions so the wheels in my head are turning - if you have any great ideas send them my way.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!