Tuesday, September 20, 2011

size large, please

OK. So now is as good a time as ever to blog.  It's 11:30pm and I'm baking brioche for "Dinner in the Barracks" tomorrow (it's where the marine spouses cook for the single marines that live in the barracks).  And when I say baking, what I mean to say is waiting for my bread to finish "resting" in it's pan so I can bake it.  ... another hour and thirty minutes and then it bakes for 35 minutes... so it's going to be a late night!  Tomorrow I need to make bread pudding from one of these loaves and possibly bake some more loaves - depending on how they turn out tonight :)

Anyway, the kids are in bed (obviously) and Nic is in bed as well - so it's just me and this quiet house.  I should be doing homework - I have a LOT to do this week, but I can't do homework when I'm this tired.  For some reason you need to be mostly awake and alert to do some legal analysis :)  ...which doesn't work in my favor since this is usually the only time I get to work on it.  Oh well, hopefully Thursday I can get most of it done (I'm skipping Play morning so I can work on HW all day, aside from motherly and wifely duties, lol).


Here's a lovely photo of me putting the boys to bed while Nic was gone.  I'm not sure where he went, but I was working on HW and was supposed to put them to bed.  We started out reading books on the couch and before I knew it we were all asleep!  Now the question is... can you tell which kid is Maximus and which is Colton?? (Scroll to the bottom of this post for the answer)

The boys are really enjoying school.  I've watched both boys play at their recess times on the playground.  Maximus tends to be the "leader" of the kids, roping them into playing whatever make believe adventure he thinks of.  Last time he lead them on a bug hunt - chasing butterflies with nets.  Colton usually does his own thing or convinces the teacher to play something with him.  Like Maximus, he likes to listen and follow directions - so when the teacher says for them to put their hands on their hips while they're in line - Colton is the first kid to do it.   I'm proud of both boys :)  They're growing into their own personalities and although they make me want to pull my hair out at times, they're well behaved and respectful at school.  What more can I ask for? :)

Maximus really likes football.  Everytime I take him to practice I get all emotional because sometime or another, he grew up on me.  He may be in preschool, but he's not a preschooler anymore.  He's a boy.  That goes outside and gets smelly and plays football and is independent of his Mommy (sometimes:)  He finally got his helmet issued to him today.  We had to wait for an hour and twenty minutes and as a result we were an hour late for practice.  We went in to get him a size small and we left with a LARGE!  This kid has a big brain, huh?!  I need a little more practice getting it on and off of him though, because I can't do it without hurting him!  Tomorrow they're practicing in shoulder pads, practice jersey and helmet and Friday they start wearing their full gear and start scrimmaging - aka tackling for real.  I've heard it's really funny because they kids aren't used to the extra weight of the pads and helmets so they just kind of fall over, lol!  We call them bobble heads :)  I'm going to really try to remember to bring my camera so I can take some pictures.  Although, it's hard to tell who is Maximus because they're all wearing the SAME thing!

Elora has started to stand alone for up to 10 seconds!  May sound like nothing, but for a little peanut who is not interested at all in walking - this is huge!  Which reminds me, she turns one on Friday.  Hard to believe...

ANSWER:
*Maximus is on the couch with me and Colton is on the footstool*

3 comments:

Diane said...

My guess was correct! I'd love to see the boys in action! Have a great week.

Unknown said...

My guess was wrong! Wow they are both SO big!

Marsha Keller said...

My guess was right!

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!