Sunday, October 24, 2010

Quick update

Ok, I realize it's been entirely way to long since I've updated this! You'll have to forgive me :-)  I finally got Elora's birth "story" up..it's been half typed for way too long!

Quick update on what we've been doing:

My mom, sister Susan and 2 of her kids were here for her birth and about a week afterwards.... Then 2 days after they left, Nic left for an exercise in the Phillipines.  For one week I was alone with a one week old, 2 year old and 4 year old.... and let's just say I'm glad to never have to do that again!! yikes!! Then my mother-in-law came for 2 weeks and it was awesome! Help was here!  She left yesterday and today Nic surprised us by coming home early!  Of course it's too bad he didn't come one day sooner and get to see his Mom, but that's the way it goes, I guess....

Tonight we had a rough time putting Maximus to bed... he was afraid that Nic was going to leave in the middle of the night again, like he did when he left for the Phillipines.  I think we're going to have a rough couple of weeks before we get him settled into a routine again - and he forgets that Nic ever even left.

Hmmmm... It's sooo good to have him home - I missed him so much!  Of course it's hard not to think ahead to January when he'll leave for several months... especially when this time was only 3 weeks... :(  Oh well, we'll just have to enjoy having Daddy home for now :-)

3 comments:

God's many Blessings said...

Hey Ingrid and Nic congrats :)

I have friends heading to Okinawa in Jan\Feb if all goes as planned. You know how that is. He is a marine, they ahve 4 kids. There names are Emilie and Chris. Just thought I would let you know and ask if it was OK for me to give them your names? They are the sweetest family. One of thebest things we got from living in Arkansas was their friendship. Congrats again... she is beautiful.

Marsha Keller said...

So glad Nic arrived home safely.

Ingrid said...

That's fine :) It's always nice to know someone already when you arrive on island!

About Me

My photo
Oh, the escapades in the Timm household never cease to amaze!